Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kick into Gear

I finally decided I want to look better, and I'm willing to work for it.  Not only for when I look in the mirror, but for my husband and in my clothes.  I want to be more comfortable with my body, something I've struggled with since middle school.  

I have an athletic build.  The ultrasound tech actually made the comment that I had such muscly legs while in my mother's womb.  So, I know I'm never going to have tiny legs or a tiny butt.  But actually, I'm okay with that.  I don't want to look like a supermodel.  They're too skinny.  Instead, I just want to be healthy and in great shape.


I've worked out before; this isn't some mind-blowing experiment.  I have these "kicks" that last about 3 weeks.  When I don't see dramatic changes in that amount of time, I quit.  I just don't have the gumption to keep at it.  I don't have the patience.  I want results NOW.  That's why I'm hoping posting my plan online will encourage me.  Granted, I don't think anyone reads my blog, so they're not going to know, but I'll know.  I'll know I put it out there and I don't want to wimp out and have to admit to everyone that I'm a quitter. 


Most people start their dieting after Christmas- the whole "New Year's Resolution" that actually only lasts until Valentine's Day.  My plan is to get a head start so that I won't be tasked with trying to shed an additional 5+ pounds after the holidays.  My schedule is going to include doing Kinect (cardio) and then doing Pilates- which is what I had started, and quit, after 3 weeks.  Truth be known, there was a difference.  It was very minute and not enough to convince me to keep going, but I saw it.  And I want it back - more of it.  

So, in addition to studying for finals, preparing for our trip back home, and working until 5 almost every night, I'm going to go to Ross, buy a $10 yoga mat, and start kicking my own butt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment