Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Random-e-Roo

School suddenly just became super stressful.  Maybe it's because, today in class, my professor put it into perspective.  We aren't meeting on Friday in that class, and we only meet once during Thanksgiving week (since we have Wed. and Fri. off).  Then, after that, we have two weeks left.  TWO.  I about fell out of my chair.

I guess I should be pretty grateful that I only have 2 finals out of 5 classes.  One requires a term paper, another a packet of revised essays from the semester, and the last a packet of poems from the semester.  The other two have normal tests.  


Then this morning at 12am, I registered for my spring 2013 classes - also a little stressful.  I didn't get one of the classes I wanted, and the DSC/QI class options aren't working out either; so far I have 3 classes for sure.  It's sort of crazy that I have 4 (maybe 3) semesters left.  Can I really already be half way done?  And how is this semester almost over?  The next few weeks are going to go by really fast.  They always do when you're writing and studying and writing some more every day.


While I don't get to see my family for Thanksgiving, I DO get to go back to Nebraska and see them for Christmas.  We always spend Thanksgiving with Roger's parents, since the break is only 5 days (and since it takes a whole day to drive to Nebraska, it would mean we'd only get to spend 3 days there).  So we wait until Christmas when we can stay longer.  I also like spending Christmas with my family because my birthday is December 26th.  Roger's family never really made birthdays a big deal.  Just this past year, they forgot to get him a present.  My family has always done the breakfast-in-bed, pick-your-favorite-restaurant-for-dinner type thing.  I was blessed enough to be born into a family that didn't screw me over on presents since my birthday was after the biggest present-giving day of the year. 

Next semester is going to be hard.  The semester after that is going to be even harder, as I start taking 4000-level classes.  Yikes.  I hope I really love English.      


No comments:

Post a Comment