Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Passionate for Plates

Recently, the registration on my car had to be renewed. Since it is in my parents' names still, they reregistered it back in Nebraska and sent me the stickers.  It was the first time we'd had to reregister it since moving here (the first time they just sent whole new plates) and I was panicky.  


Roger claimed they require an inspection every 2 years in Nebraska, and since my time was up, I'd just have to register my Jeep in Utah.  I ignored him and put it off until I could validate this with my mom. 


Not more than a month later, my registration stickers arrived in the mail.  Apparently, Nebraska doesn't require inspections.  Once you get it passed the first time, you're good to go forever.  

My dad had told my mom that I should just register the Jeep in Utah.  My mom, bless her heart, knew better.

"Chelsea's not going to want to do that, Eric.  Those Nebraska plates are the last thing she has to remember home by."

And alas, I still have my homestate plates on my Jeepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment