Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Football Frenzy

I learned (when, I don't know) that BYU and Nebraska will actually go head-to-head in the 2015 football season.  Because BYU is a private institution, they can play whoever they want.  Why they decided to play Nebraska is beyond me.  The thought of this is both thrilling and terrifying.

This past weekend was slightly depressing with USU losing to BYU.  Because obviously, no Aggie wants to lose to the 'zoo.'  While it is crappy, it's not my home state losing against BYU.  That just cannot happen.


My older cousins, aunts, and uncles all went to LDS universities.  Like I said, I'm the first one in the family to not attend a church school.  I still have one cousin at BYU.  She will be graduated by the time the Huskers and the Cougars play, but that doesn't mean she won't be rubbing it in my face if we lose.


My dad also went to BYU.  When I asked him who he planned to cheer for during that game, his answer was simple: "I've been a Husker longer than I was a Cougar."

Amen, Papa. Amen.

I guess that would sort of be like USU playing the Huskers.  While I love USU, and always will, Nebraska is my home and I'm required to always root for my red- and white-clad boys.    

No comments:

Post a Comment