Friday, October 12, 2012

Diminishing Daylight

Well, this post isn't necessarily about Nebraska/Utah differences.  Because they actually both include this awful characteristic.  I guess that means I just don't like it, regardless of what state I'm in.

The awful characteristic?  DAYLIGHT SAVINGS.

I sit here at work, staring out the windows that surround 2 of the 4 walls of our office.  It is barely 4:30.  And it's getting dark.  We haven't even moved the clock back an hour yet!

While I don't particularly like the summer heat, I do love that it stays dark until 9:00 at night.  This whole turning-dark-at-5:00 thing is not working.  Never has.  Never will.  Once we turn the clocks back an hour, I'm going to be riding my bike home in the dark when my shift ends at 5.

It happens in Nebraska too.  And I hate it there as well.  It makes it feel like it's bedtime at dinnertime.

It hasn't even happened yet and I'm already depressed.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment