Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cravings



Earlier, I was craving my favorite food from my favorite restaurant: fettuccine alfredo from Spaghetti Works. I'm not sure how I was even first introduced to the restaurant, but for as long as I can remember, it's been my favorite place to eat.  It's not just the food either.  The whole place is decorated in totally random decor. There's cars from the '20s that serve as the salad bars, there's Christmas lights year-round, a 5-foot tall Buddha statue, and advertising signs from just about every company you can imagine.  The lighting is low, the walls are dark, and it's just perfect for an evening out.  

On top of that, the one we go to is located in Omaha's Downtown Old Market.  It's this adorable little part of the city with brick streets, carriage rides, and shops for everything you can think of.  Kind of like a mini, old-fashioned New York City. Also, the food is fantastic and relatively cheap.  I have gone there every year for my birthday for as long as I can remember.  

The only problem?  There's no Spaghetti Works in Utah.  There's a couple restaurants that are in Nebraska but not Utah, but the 'Works is the only place I really miss.

Thankfully, my birthday is in a few weeks, and that's where I'll be spending yet another birthday dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment