Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Political Partiers

I'm not sure why I didn't think to write about this before, especially since it has been COMMANDING our t.v. time for the last, oh, year?  What else, but the election!

Both Utah and Nebraska are predominantly Republican states.  This made at least one change between states easier.  I grew up in a very conservative state, so if I'd have moved to a place that was very liberal, it might have been harder to adjust.  

I won't get into the actual politics of things, because honestly, it's not worth it.  A lot of people have been freaking out that there's a Mormon guy running for office.  My argument: Who cares what he believes.  I voted for him because I liked what he had to say, NOT because he happened to be of the same faith.  That's not a reason to vote for someone.  He could be Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist; whatever.  I try to look past things, that honestly, I think are minute and not worth fussing over.

Regardless of how the election ends tonight, I'm still thankful to be an American and to even HAVE the opportunity to vote.  

No comments:

Post a Comment